Sunday, October 2, 2016

NYFW Spring/Summer 2017

I have been overwhelmingly grateful for this past New York Fashion Week. If you have been a supporter of my derpy life and my blog, you will also know that I model as well! Aside from talking nonsense about fashion and style, I actually like to sport it via runway and presentation.

This season, I was a part of 5 utterly amazing designers, of whom you all need to check out because they have killlllller designs and need to be appreciated outside the fact that I was able to grace the stage in their clothes. Blessedt is an understatement.

I also vlogged each backstage's shindigs, so be sure to check out what goes down before hitting the stage!

Malat: Designers from Georgia. And not the peachy state Georgia, either! From the land of Eurasia, showcasing in New York. Everything had a chic and sophisticated look, with a nice touch of detailing to the garments.



Maison the Faux: A duo from The Netherlands who made their way to MADE fashion week. A line like no other; blurring the lines for gender - creating humanwear. Definitely something I am into because my personal style has become less and less 'girly'. Even better part: I got to unleash my inner alien. 


Samantha Black | Sammy B: Her collection incorporated bits and pieces from her culture of Jamaica with NYC. Minimal with rad construction. Brought out my blasian side with the bantu knots. 
Byron Lars: If you wanted diversity on the runway, Bryon gave it to you. He chose models of all sizes and colors and slapped beautiful printed pieces on us!

 C. Adeola | Chiniza Moses: The inspiration behind this collection was an African girl coming to America..in the sickest sense of style. Pieces ranging from my favorite jumpsuit to garden-type prints.
--
When I was not on the runway, I actually got to attend a few shows. Before my call time (to be in a show) and days where I was not booked for a show. Here a few of my 'models off duty' looks; how did I do!?
Brown Suede Top: c/o Zaful
White Trousers: Thrift Store
Brown boots: Zara
Stripe Two Piece: c/o Zaful
White Button Up Ruffle Sleeve: Thrift Store
White Boots: Asos
Black Dress: c/o Romwe
White Boots: Asos
Photo Credits: Peter Stigter, Andrew Boyle, Malat, Sammy B, Getty Images, The Know It Alls, Stephen Sherman

0 lovely comments: